apparently this is fashion

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
homer needs this explaining

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
homer needs this explaining

Hmmmm... I wonder how many they actually made.
See how much media coverage this is getting. These days, people have nailed down that any publicity is good publicity, and actually social media has proven that offered an offensive piece of news or something wholesome, people react to the offensive far more often.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was heavily engineered, and they actually only made quite a small number, and the rational side of me would say they'd pre arranged a buyer base, just so they could move them and generate the headlines.

Media coverage like this can push a brand into the limelight for years.

That's surprising the rational side of my brain. I can't bring myself to realistically consider that people would actually WILLINGLY pay $600 for jeans like that!!!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thought this was going to be another ‘stunt’ for Balenciaga…to go with their £500 stained t-shirts, £2000 muddy trainers, etc.

Maybe I can make a fortune putting my unwashed, stained jeans onto vinted?

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I can't bring myself to realistically consider that people would actually WILLINGLY pay $600 for jeans like that!!!

"yes id like a pair of jeans with an axe through them please"

"certainly sir"

Antique blue Relaxed Rigid Applique Ripped Jeans image number 1

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Thought this was going to be another ‘stunt’ for Balenciaga…to go with their £500 stained t-shirts, £2000 muddy trainers, etc.

probably could these days

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
homer went on there site

things got weird

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Why oh why did I get rid of my wardrobe from my old using days, they were proper skanky! Sure they would have fetched a cool few thousand.

I've never understood fashion. I come from a very old school family, my eldest sister is a fashionista but then she has the money for it, but I didn't get my first pair of jeans until I was about 17.

And nowadays, my normal attire is a dressing gown and sandals!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
homer went on there site

things got weird

Yeah, you see, has anyone actually heard of this label before? I certainly haven't, but looking at their stuff, it's very much shock factor rather than actual decent clothing. I can't see they appeal to any kind of wide clientele, but maybe that's just me being old and out of touch?

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Yeah, you see, has anyone actually heard of this label before? I certainly haven't, but looking at their stuff, it's very much shock factor rather than actual decent clothing. I can't see they appeal to any kind of wide clientele, but maybe that's just me being old and out of touch?

apparently

homer prefers this

Cómo decirle a tu pareja que está gordo y no morir en el intento - Yo ...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I can hear my parents taking the pi$$ out of my flares and hipster jeans (amongst other 60's fashion items). I remember thinking how old they were (they were both in their early 40's at the time) and how they just weren't able to move with the times. Now I understand completely how they were thinking. The young are just lemmings and will wear whether 'they' tell them is fashionable.....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I can hear my parents taking the pi$$ out of my flares and hipster jeans (amongst other 60's fashion items). I remember thinking how old they were (they were both in their early 40's at the time) and how they just weren't able to move with the times. Now I understand completely how they were thinking. The young are just lemmings and will wear whether 'they' tell them is fashionable.....
I’ve just scoured the internet for a pair of flares. They will never go out of style!